Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The Story of my Life (in One Paragraph)

Shaina over at Shadylane Blog posted about a challenge she is doing for the month of May.  It is to blog every day day for the entire month.  She's following prompts from Story of My Life.  Since I've been out of the blogging loop for so long, I thought I'd play along, at least some of the days.  I might blog about other things too.  I just want to get back to writing and thought this might be fun.

Today's prompt is to tell the story of your life in 250 words or less.  Well, that's going to be kind of hard!  I'll see if I can condense down the important stuff to one paragraph.


I was born and raised in rural Mississippi.  I still live in the same little county 35+ years later.  I have one sister who is 4 years younger than me.  I've always had a huge love for animals, cats in particular.  I met my husband in 1995 and married him in 1997 while attending a local community college for a degree in drafting.  I've worked in the engineering departments of three different companies since college, including where I work now.  Five years ago, I moved out of  engineering and into IT and now work as a materials management functional analyst, working primarily in SAP.  I love it.  I lost my mom to cancer in 1998 and still miss her terribly.  Brandon and I don't have children but have two crazy Boxers and a cat.  We are Jehovah's Witnesses, which is a huge part of who we are.  We love to travel, especially to the mountains, and we also love try different foods.  I love scrapbooking and reading, although I don't have as much time for either as I'd like.


4 comments:

  1. What a great paragraph! I had no idea what you did for work...how interesting. :) So glad you're playing along this month. Can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I do love my job; it's always something different. I'm looking forward to your posts as well. I promise to try to keep up!

      Delete