Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's What I Do!

One of the prompts in the "Blog Every Day in May" challenge (although not technically today's prompt) was to tell what you DO, not counting your job.  I've been thinking on that for the past few days and decided it was one that I wanted to blog about.  I haven't been blogging every day, but I'm definitely trying to get back in the game, and I thought this one would be interesting.  So...here are some of the things that I "do."

One of the most important things that I feel I do is following the command that Jesus gave at Matthew 28:19-20 to go out and teach others truths from the Bible.  It's a privilege and a joy to find people who appreciate spiritual things and want to talk.  I don't get to go out as much as I would like to since I work full-time, but I try to go at least once a week and volunteer my time in this important worldwide activity.

Another thing I do is scrapbook.  I don't have a lot of spare time and so don't spend as much time on this hobby as I'd like, but I do it when I can.  It may take me 2-3 hours to complete a 2-page layout, but that's OK.  I enjoy the process almost as much as the end result!

I help homeless animals when at all possible.  Since we've been married, we've taken in two mommy cats & their babies (one of which actually had the babies in our guest room) and found them all homes, including sweet Sasha (read her story here) and her baby Winnie.  We fostered & later transported big, lovable Winston for Rockin' P Rescue, did a couple more transports, and most recently, I've volunteered at the local humane society's adoption event at Petsmart.  Even our crazy Boxer Bogart was homeless when we got him, and he has made an awesome addition to our family!  I wish there were homes for them all, but I do what I can.  Please spay & neuter your pets, folks!

And last, but certainly not least, I love my husband & best friend, Brandon.  He's stood by me for the past 16 years and counting.  We've been through so much together, and I feel that our bond is stronger now than it ever has been!  I'm blessed to have a husband that not only has similar interests as me, but also shares my values and goals!

2 comments: